Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Grimm moves to Tuesday nights

NBC announced that it canceled Ready to Love, and Grimm is moving to fill its slot on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

Up to now, Grimm has been airing on Friday nights, also known as the "death slot." So on the one hand, it's a good sign that NBC thinks Grimm will do well in a more competitive, prime time slot.

But on the other hand, Grimm is doing well on Friday nights, and this change asks the audience to follow the show to a new night and time.

I watch Grimm on Hulu (and hardly ever on TV, the night it airs), so this change won't affect me. I wonder how large Grimm's online audience is, and if networks take that into consideration when they re-assign TV time slots.

6 comments:

  1. I wish they would ask the fans before they switch things up like this. It was the one show that I could watch with out a work conflict. Now I have to watch all my shows online! I know some people like to watch shows online, but I prefer a T.V. screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If Grimm is doing well on Friday nights, I wish they would just leave it there.

      Delete
  2. I agree 100 percent. I enjoy watching Grimm on Friday nights. I had to wait a long time for Grimm to come out of hiatus. And what happens if Grimm doesn't do well on Tuesdays?
    Will they cancel it? If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    Leave Grimm where it is and Dateline where it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, NBC announced that it renewed Grimm for season 3. See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/grimm-renewed-nbc-season-3_n_3043881.html

      I guess the network is expecting Grimm will do well on Tuesdays.

      Delete
  3. Leave "Grimm" on Friday nights. We look forward to it as the start to the weekend. Agree with other comments, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Grimm is a great way to start the weekend!

      Delete