Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You cannot skim a video blog

Well...you can.  You can drag your slider through the video to the end.  It'd be like watching choppy stop-motion, but you won't know what the video is about unless there are a lot of visuals.  Even then, it's iffy.  This may be the reason why my YouTube watching habits have tapered off but I still have a general idea of what's going on with the blogs I read.

See, this is what happens.  When I start to lose interest in a YouTube channel, I take a break from the videos or I stop watching every single video on a channel.  When I start losing interest in a blog, though, I skim entries.  I can still get the gist of what they're about without paying full attention.  Skim and scroll down.

So lately, I keep up with only the YouTube channels I'm most interested in, and that's a select few.  I'm watching less videos and less likely to click on a video as soon as it goes up.

And yet, I subscribed to someone new yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment