Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sherlock: Post Reichenbach Fall, Take 2

I re-watched The Reichenbach Fall again today. Moriarty said something to Sherlock that stuck out to me:
"That's your weakness. You always expect things to be clever."
What if that was a hint to us? Maybe the way Sherlock faked his death is simple and clear-cut. Clever enough to fool the snipers, but not complicated. No drugs. No muscle relaxants. No editing tricks.

After my previous post, Robinson (whoever you are), commented that Sherlock did jump off the roof, but into a padded laundry truck. I didn't notice the truck the first time because I was watching John, but the truck drives away from the body on the ground...presumably, the double's body. The double was already dead and bloodied to look like he fell from the roof, when really he fell from the truck. Molly is going to examine the corpse, so she can lie about the body's actual time of death. It fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment