Monday, June 13, 2011

Home videos

My dad was watching home videos today, and I realized that my family and my extended family stopped recording home videos when my cousins and I were about ten years old. I understand that most parents want videos of their kids when they're young, so maybe that's why the videos stopped. We grew up.

But with increasingly smaller video cameras and easier ways to share videos, I think it's strange that we don't record home videos anymore (with possible exceptions for family vacations and weddings).

I have only my own experiences to go on, so I'm curious: did your family record home videos, and did the videos stop at some point?

1 comment:

  1. The videos stopped after elementary school, I'd say. Yes, we entered the 2000s, but my parents haven't upgraded the old camcorder ...
    - Jason

    ReplyDelete